Gateway Timeout when adding configurable products on a shared server

Hi Craig,
Can you help me to solve this problem.

Gateway Timeout

The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.

This problem appears when I am working to create configurable products with multiple sizes and colours

Thanks in advance

Hi @Aseela and welcome.

Please, refer to the Forum Guidelines when creating a new post. Without context, you have little hope in anyone responding. The more information the better.

Thank you for replying my message.
I’m using a shared server GrowBig package in siteground web hosting. and I did setup to Magento 2.4 with sample data. I am following you in Let’s build series. I want to add a configurable product with multiple colours and sizes manually. But When I add a new product with many sizes and different colours, the browser keeping sent me error “Gateway Timeout”. But I tried to reduce the items for only one colour and one size it is working well.
Do you have any advice for me?

Thanks in advance

I think Gateway Timeouts mean that your Server (or Server Configuration) isn’t meeting the minimal System Requirements. Therefore, your task is either running really slowly or “hanging”. If Apache executes a task that’s taking an abnormally long time, then you’ll see this message.

I’ve never heard of “GrowBig”, but I would certainly never install Magento on a Shared Server. They’re underpowered and you have to share resources with other customers.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.