Is this Mysql error or php?

Hey community !

I’m very depressed, after fishing the configuration on my magento 2.3.1 and having every thing setup and running I even received my first order, the next day and all of the sudden I found this error message on my frontend:

" Error filtering template: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1030 Got error 1 from storage engine, query was: SELECT DISTINCT e.*, price_index.price, price_index.tax_class_id, price_index.final_price, IF(price_index.tier_price IS NOT NULL, LEAST(price_index.min_price, price_index.tier_price), price_index.min_price) AS minimal_price, price_index.min_price, price_index.max_price, price_index.tier_price, at_sm_featured.value AS sm_featured, cat_index.position AS cat_index_position, stock_status_index.stock_status AS is_salable, IF(at_name.value_id > 0, at_name.value, at_name_default.value) AS name FROM catalog_product_entity AS e INNER JOIN catalog_product_index_price AS price_index ON price_index.entity_id = e.entity_id AND price_index.website_id = ‘1’ AND price_index.customer_group_id = 0 LEFT JOIN catalog_product_entity_int AS at_sm_featured ON (at_sm_featured.entity_id = e.entity_id) AND (at_sm_featured.attribute_id = ‘155’) AND (at_sm_featured.store_id = 0) INNER JOIN catalog_category_product_index_store7 AS cat_index ON cat_index.product_id=e.entity_id AND cat_index.store_id=7 AND cat_index.visibility IN(2, 4) AND cat_index.category_id=2 INNER JOIN cataloginventory_stock_status AS stock_status_index ON e.entity_id = stock_status_index.product_id LEFT JOIN catalog_product_entity_varchar AS at_name_default ON (at_name_default.entity_id = e.entity_id) AND (at_name_default.attribute_id = ‘70’) AND at_name_default.store_id = 0 LEFT JOIN catalog_product_entity_varchar AS at_name ON (at_name.entity_id = e.entity_id) AND (at_name.attribute_id = ‘70’) AND (at_name.store_id = 7) WHERE (at_sm_featured.value = ‘1’) GROUP BY e.entity_id ORDER BY name ASC LIMIT 20 "

I tried to google it, some say it’s a cron job issue some say its a php issue but the most say it is mysql running out of memory issue.

any idea folks?

The backend works fine, I mean the admin side but not the front.

I also noticed that the size of my store increases drastically everyday even though there was no new data were inserted.

could it be the cron is not cleaning the log files or what? and how can I make sure the cron job is running perfectly?

Any error messages starting with “SQLSTATE[HY000]” relate to an output message directly from MySQL. That fact that a customer was able to see this message suggests that you might not have your store in Production Mode as most error messages are hidden.

Normally, if your Magento Root Directory is getting very large very quickly then it’s your log files filling up with errors. You’ll want to read your logs files in <magento_root>/var/logs/

To answer your question about Cron, check these: