Cannot get the main page or admin page to load

Hello

I’ve just gone through the process again and it won’t connect either the webpage or the admin page.

I have checked I have apache rewrite loaded and it says the module is enabled so could you point me in some other directions to see where I have erred please?

thanks

Which process are you referring to?

Disabled rewrite won’t affect the Homepage from loading. So, whatever your issue, it’s unlikely to be rewrite related.

What the actual issue (what are you seeing when you try to load these pages)?

Hi- sorry by process I meant started from the beginning of your Youtube video and tried to emulate it.

This is what I am getting, when I previously tried I could get the front page to load sporadically but not the back but this time nothing loads. I have tried it without the firewall up and it still fails.

It says

This site cannot be reached
XXX.XXX.XXX.XX refused to connect
Try:
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

thanks for taking the time to reply.

In a situation where you’re Web Server specs do not meet minimum requirements, services like Apache, MySQL, etc can terminate when over-taxed. One of the things that can also over-tax a low-spec server is running Magento with all Caching disabled. Try the following:

1. Enable all Magento Caching (bin/magento cache:enable)
  2. Restart Apache
  3. Restart MySQL

At the very least, I’d expect the Homepage to load after this - Unless you’ve been experimenting with other things that may interfere with the basic operation.