Checkout Error: Something went wrong with your request. Please try again later

My Setup:

1. VPS at MacStadium
  2. I setup the server myself
  3. CentOS Linux release 7.8.2003 (Core), Apache & PHP 7.2
  4. Magento 2.3.4 (installed March 2020 - I used your tutorial adapting it to my server environment. )
  5. www.gmsoap.com (just go to the checkout page to reproduce the error

What happened:

Well, that is the problem. I don’t know. I was all working fine as all of a sudden customers called an complained of not being able to finish checkout. I haven’t done any changes.
This is the error message I get:

I noticed that shipping isn’t being calculated in the front-end, however I can process orders from the admin backend. Shipping is being calculated and the Credit Card processor works.

This is from the system.log:

[2020-05-01 17:50:25] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'catalog.compare.sidebar' element cannot be added as child to 'sidebar.additional', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-05-01 17:50:25] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'sale.reorder.sidebar' element cannot be added as child to 'sidebar.additional', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-05-01 17:50:25] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'wishlist_sidebar' element cannot be added as child to 'sidebar.additional', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-05-01 17:50:25] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'custom.sidebar.content' element cannot be added as child to 'sidebar.additional', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-05-01 17:50:25] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'author-link' element cannot be added as child to 'customer_account_navigation', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-05-01 17:50:25] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'custom_info.order.success' element cannot be added as child to 'order.success.additional.info', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-05-01 17:50:25] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'minicart' tries to reorder itself towards 'logo', but their parents are different: 'header-wrapper' and 'header' respectively. [] []
[2020-05-01 17:50:25] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'custom.sidebar.content' tries to reorder itself towards '', but their parents are different: 'sidebar.additional' and '' respectively. [] []
[2020-05-01 17:50:25] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'custom_info.order.success' tries to reorder itself towards '', but their parents are different: 'order.success.additional.info' and '' respectively. [] []
[2020-05-01 17:50:28] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'mgs.instant.search.autocomplete' element cannot be added as child to 'top.search', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-05-01 17:50:29] main.INFO: Broken reference: the 'mgs.instant.search.autocomplete' element cannot be added as child to 'top.search', because the latter doesn't exist [] []
[2020-05-01 17:50:29] main.ERROR: Topic "inventory.source.items.cleanup" is not configured. [] []
[2020-05-01 17:50:29] main.ERROR: Topic "inventory.source.items.cleanup" is not configured. [] []

Are the last two lines the issue?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Best regards,
Marc

Hi @Heemin and welcome.

That is a super-generic error message. You have to laugh sometimes at the kind of feedback it gives you.

I don’t think those logs are related to the problem. Judging by the timestamps, this all seems to print within moments of the page loading. Have a look at your exception.log too.

What I like to do, when reproducing an issue, is watch the live output of the logs. For example, if I can reproduce an error when I click a bottom - And I know the error will be printer to exception.log - Then in the Command Line Interface I’ll type (from the var/log directory):

tail -f exception.log

Then I know for sure that the output corresponds with the action because I’m seeing it in real time.

But without any relevant logs I’m not sure what else to suggest.

Hi Craig,

Thank you very much for your reply. That is what I already had done, working my way through the logs with the tail command. Sadly there was no resolve. But later today I realized something wired with one of the orders I had.
Upon clicking it, I got a major php error (exception). I could not open the order. It looked like that Stripe, my payment processor extensions, could not find some webhooks in the DB.

So I compared the webhooks in the API records from stripe and was able to manually enter the missing record. After that, all was working fine all of a sudden. If I would have not clicked that order, I would never have been able to figure that one out.

Well… thank you so much for that website. I found many good and helpful things on there and I will be glad to continue support your great work, if I can.

Best regards,
He’emin

1 Like