Cron job error when installing extension

Hi Craig hi everyone! I’m Italian so I’m sorry for my bad language. :sweat_smile:

I’m strugling since a few days ago with Magento 2 about this topic.

More specifically, what happens is when I check readiness for extension enstallment the system gives me a few errors about Cron job (and probably other settings…?).Here is the list of the errors:

> ### Check Cron Scripts
> 
> Cron script readiness check failed.
> 
> Error from Setup Application Cron Script:
> Cron job has not been configured yet
> Other checks will fail as a result (PHP version, PHP settings, and PHP extensions)
> 
> Error from Updater Application Cron Script:
> Cron job has not been configured yet
> 
> ### Check Component Dependency
> 
> We found conflicting component dependencies.
> 
> ### PHP Settings Check *
> 
> ### PHP Extensions Check
> 
> The best way to resolve this is to install the correct missing extensions. The exact fix depends on our server, your host, and other system variables.

I installed Magento with cPanel and even if I have access to the terminal it doesn’t let me do any command because I need privileges which would be provided on WHM (which I do not have yet, I’m trying to save some money as it’s a function that I can access only with a certain plan).

So if I can solve this problem without WHM that’d be great! I already checked in Cron processes under advanced section (cPanel), but all it’s showing me is the possibility to send myself an email every execution of cron jobs and the possibility to add new Cron processes (I’ve set none yet).

Is there anyone that can help me fixing this?

Thank you very much for your time and your support anyways! Great forum, great site! I love all this community!

Hi Glauco,

To run Magneto properly you will need ssh access with the proper permissions (Magento file system owner). Than with only one command (bin/magento cron:install) you will be able to install the Magento crontab.

Your server admin can grant you that access over WHM.
Best He’emin

2 Likes

Thanks Heemin, I’ll find a way to work WHM out with my server admin.