Error 500 on Frontend after importing Porto Theme Demo

Hi Craig,
I hope you will be able to help me.

I’m again trying to install Porto on M2.3.3.
Fresh Magento installation works with no issues.
With all disabled caches I extracted Porto theme files and patches via ftp into my Magento root directory, activated it, imported both static blocks and CMS pages for selected version. All was good until this point. Finally, I imported demo1 and save the configuration. Once I did it frontend shows HTTP ERROR 500. I run the following comment "bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f " hoping that it will help but it didn’t.

There is no issue with the admin panel. Only the front end. Can you give me a tip pls?
Thank you.

My environment is as follow: fresh M2.3.3 installation on local host using Oracle VM, Ubuntu 18.04.

Regards,
Pawel

I wouldn’t expect to see an Error 500 after importing Demo Data.

• What do the logs say? They should provide some hints.
  • Is it just a blank page with the words “Error 500”?
  • Do other pages work (e.g. example.com/contact/)

Some other notes:

• Make sure to clear Magento cache after importing data.
  • In the past I’ve found the deploy command works better if you specify languages (e.g. en_US en_GB).

Hi Craig,

Thank you for responding so promptly.

You were correct.
When I load my default url 127.0.0.1 the page is blank but when I manually change to …/contact it shows the page correctly and all site’s links load correctly.

What is the reason of it and how can I correct it or avoid during the theme installation process?

Where do I look fe log errors?

PP

You caught me whilst I was replying to some posts :slight_smile:

I’ve run into similar issues in the past where the “normal” pages wouldn’t work but the core pages like Contact Us still do. I just can’t remember how I went about fixing it.

Check Configuration > General > Default Pages and ensure that the settings are all set to “Use system value”. Then ensure that the CMS Home Page is referring to a CMS that does exist and is enabled.

Logs
For logs, you’ll want to check:

• <magento_root>/var/logs/system.log (Magento issues)
  • <magento_root>/var/logs/exception.log (Magento issues)
  • /var/log/apache2/error.log (Apache issues) (superuser required to read)

If accessing using the vi text editor then press Shift + G to jump to the end of the file

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your tips but I’m still sucked.
At present my Magento has 3 homepages. All of them are enables. 2 of them loads fine but the 3rd one which I would like to use doesn’t.

I checked the Magento logs and the following information is shown:

"[2019-12-27 16:45:02] main.INFO: Consumer "async.operations.all" skipped as required connection "amqp" is not configured. Unknown connection name amqp [] []"

Could you give me some tips based on the provided information?

I doubt that error is related. Because only the Homepage is affected then it’s more than likely your CMS page contains a reference to a Static Block that might not be configured correctly or simply doesn’t exist. Paste the HTML Contents (not the WYSIWYG Contents) of the CMS Page you want to use below.

Make sure you put with three back-ticks (```) at the Start & End of the code so that it’s formatted correctly. Back-tick is the key to the left of “1” on your keyboard.

I’ll come back and take a look tomorrow.

When i get a interval server Error it has to do with setting the right permissions, eg read and write access

Hi Craig,

Please find content from not working page below:

<style type="text/css">
html {
    overflow-y:scroll;
}
body.boxed {
    padding: 0;
}
.page-main {
    display: none;
}
body.boxed .page-wrapper {
    width: 100%;
}
.full-screen-slider {
}
header.page-header.type14 {
    position: absolute;
    left: 0;
    top: 0;
    background-color: transparent;
}
#banner-slider-demo-3 div.content-area h2 {
    font-size: 70px;
    margin: 0 0 3vh;
}
#banner-slider-demo-3 div.content-area a.btn-default {
    font-size: 14px;
    letter-spacing: 1px;
    padding: 18px 40px;
    width: auto;
    height: auto;
    line-height: 1;
}
.owl-middle-narrow .owl-theme .owl-controls .owl-nav [class*=owl-], .owl-middle-narrow.owl-theme .owl-controls .owl-nav [class*=owl-] {
    font-size: 26px;
}
@media (max-width: 1679px) {
        font-size: 70px;
        margin: 4px 0 35px;
        letter-spacing: 4px;
    }
}
@media (max-width: 1199px) {
        font-size: 50px;
        margin: 4px 0 35px;
        letter-spacing: 4px;
    }
}
@media (max-width: 991px) {
        font-size: 40px;
        margin: 4px 0 30px;
        letter-spacing: 3px;
    }
        font-size: 11px;
        padding: 15px 25px;
    }
}
@media (max-width: 767px) {
        font-size: 30px;
        margin: 4px 0 20px;
        letter-spacing: 2px;
    }
        font-size: 10px;
        padding: 10px 20px;
    }
}
</style>

Please let me know what you found?
Thank you.

PP

Is that everything? If you PM me a login then I’ll have a quick look at the settings. If I don’t get a chance to look this afternoon, I’ll try tomorrow.

Hi,

Hm… :thinking: but the Magento is on my local machine.
I could export it from my Oracle VM and share the file with you via Gdrive so you could download it and import it to your Oracle VM and play with it but I don’t know if you have time for it.

By the way, Oracle VM Rocks!!! It is so handy. I can have multiple M installations on different stages.
Thank you very much for the post.

PP

There is a way to configure VirtualBox and your Router to allow incoming connections from an external IP, I just can’t remember how.

Going back to what you pasted above… There is no HTML on the page (only CSS). So, what I would do is compare the “working CMS Homepage” settings with the “Error 500 CMS Homepage” settings and see if you can spot anything obvious. You’ll also want to go through each of your Widgets as these can be integrated to certain page types.

You’ll also want to experiment things like:

• If you copy all the settings from the CMS Homepage you want to use to another one, do you still get the same issue (Don’t forget to adjust the Default Page to the new CMS Homepage you create)
  • If you disable all the Widgets, does the issue go away. If so, go one at a time until you find the culprit

There is no other reason (that I can think of) why one CMS page works and why others would not. So, I think you’ll find a good lead going over the tips I’ve just mentioned.

Perfect. Thank you. I’ll play with it now.
Have a good weekend.

1 Like