How to correctly install and configure Varnish and Hitch in ubuntu 22.04

I installed magento2.4.6 using ubuntu22.04, and I installed and configured it through hitch’s official tutorial, but it didn’t work. I have no relevant programming experience and this is my first time installing and configuring hitch. The following are some of the problems I encountered, please help me.

ubuntu@ip-123-45-67-89:~$ sudo systemctl restart hitch
ubuntu@ip-123-45-67-89:~$ sudo systemctl status hitch
× hitch.service - Hitch TLS unwrapping daemon
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/hitch.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2023-05-06 07:53:05 UTC; 44s ago
       Docs: https://github.com/varnish/hitch/tree/master/docs
             man:hitch(8)
    Process: 382219 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/hitch --user _hitch --group _hitch --config /etc/hitch/hitch.conf --quiet (code=exit>
   Main PID: 382219 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
        CPU: 20ms

May 06 07:53:05 ip-123-45-67-89 systemd[1]: hitch.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
May 06 07:53:05 ip-123-45-67-89 systemd[1]: Stopped Hitch TLS unwrapping daemon.
May 06 07:53:05 ip-123-45-67-89 systemd[1]: hitch.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
May 06 07:53:05 ip-123-45-67-89 systemd[1]: hitch.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
May 06 07:53:05 ip-123-45-67-89 systemd[1]: Failed to start Hitch TLS unwrapping daemon.

For more configuration information on the server, see here.
Magento2.4.6 how to verify that varnish is already running

I never heard of Hitch!
What tutorial did you follow to install and configure it??
Maybe you should post in hitch forums?

Try without Varnish . (Hitch is a SSL/TLS proxy by Varnish Software.)

Varnish is useful with high load websites ( xx transactions per second) , its not needed for regular Magento. But in such a lage shops there are also other things like more that one server for database etc … )

As Magento says:

Varnish Cache is an open source web application accelerator (also referred to as an HTTP accelerator or caching HTTP reverse proxy). Varnish stores (or caches) files or fragments of files in memory; this enables Varnish to reduce the response time and network bandwidth consumption on future, equivalent requests. Unlike web servers like Apache and nginx, Varnish was designed for use exclusively with the HTTP protocol.

Magento 2.4.2 is tested with Varnish 6.4. Magento 2.4.x is compatible with Varnish 6.x

We strongly recommend you use Varnish in production. The built-in full-page caching (to either the file system or database) is much slower than Varnish, and Varnish is designed to accelerate HTTP traffic.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.