Install Magento EE

Hi. Question about installing Magento EE on Azure. Where can I find good documentation and tutorials? Just as I can install Magento EE on a localhost to see the structure.

Back in 2017 Magento rebranded their editions:

• Magento 2 Enterprise Edition rebranded to Magento 2 Commerce
  • Magento 2 Community Edition rebranded to Magento 2 Open Source

But to answer your question, Magento 2 Commerce requires a licence and is only available by contacting Magento Sales or one of their Partners. I believe this edition is aimed at Medium to Large businesses starting from around $22,000 per year (Ref: How Much Does Magento 2 Cost?).

The following sources of Official Magento 2 Documentation may assist in identifying any key differences:

There will be no problems with the license - the company will buy it. I thought that somehow i can see the difference in the admin panel.

In that case, you’d have to Schedule a Demo with Magento.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! At the expense of installing on Azure, I kind of found it on YouTube.

The last question - are there differences in EE in the admin panel, or almost in the free version?

The backend of both versions are practically identical, with the exception of the additional features you can access in Commerce. You can find those differences on Magento’s site (Compare Open Source and Commerce).

1 Like