Let's encrypt SSL certificate on Ubuntu 20.04

Dear Craig,

I successfully installed magento 2.4 following your amazing “How to install Magento 2.4 and build a web server - Magento 2 Tutorial” video. THANK YOU! Very very very much appreciated

Now I’m going through your “Let’s build a Magento 2 store (Series 1)” playlist and I want to install a Let’s encrypt SSL certificate. Unfortunately I couldn’t find a detailed video from you explaining how to do that on Ubuntu 20.04 (Digital Ocean).

I did find a “How To Secure Apache with Let’s Encrypt on Ubuntu 20.04” tutorial on Digital Ocean’s website: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-secure-apache-with-let-s-encrypt-on-ubuntu-20-04

But I’m stuck at steps 2,3 and 4. Honestly, I don’t know what I’m doing. In step 4 I get

Schermafbeelding 2020-11-18 om 04.49.24

So I’m at the point where I have a fresh install of Magento 2.4 after following your Digital Ocean tutorial. I have the nameservers set up correctly, plus two A-records set up correctly to the droplet IP, one for domain dot com and one for www dot domain dot com. The only setting I made in Magento 2 admin panel was changing the base url’s to my domain. So when I go to (www.)domain dot com I see a clean magento install.

Would it be possible to guide me through the installation of Let’s encrypt on Ubuntu 20.04?

Thank you so much
WJ

Hi @WJF and welcome,

I produced this tutorial earlier in the year. Perhaps you’ll find it of some use?

Thanks Craig, but it says in the description that it doesn’t work with Ubuntu 16.04 so I assume it would certainly not work for Ubuntu 20.04? Or am I mistaken?

I can confirm that I’ve reproduced this in 20.04 since creating the video. I’ve taken out the
mention of 16.04 in that article now.

Amazing, thank you so much!! I will try it now

Let’s Encrypt is unable to connect to untje.com. If it can’t verify that your website exists, it won’t issue a certificate. The site needs to be publicly accessible.

I can’t load untje.com

This site can’t be reached

Thank you. Any pointing as to why?

I suspect your DNS is correct. Are you restricting public traffic via a firewall?

Thank you. I don’t know. I just followed your tutorial to the T (I think)…

Well, I suspect your Ubuntu or Digital Ocean firewall is only setup to accept connections from your IP and no one else’s. Hence why neither Let’s Encrypt or myself are able to connect to your website.

I reconfigured DNS settings and now it works. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.