Magento 2.4 on MAC(catalina) running Valet-plus

Hi guy not so much a question as describing the process i went true to get M2.4 working on my local dev environment.

I work on a 2012 MAcbook pro with 16 Gb and a 256 GB SSD, i work since almost two years with Valet-Plus.

Installing Magento 2.4 at first gave me an error on the frontend a 502 Bad Gateway, looking at the logs I found this could be solved by increasing the fastcgi_buffer_size.

To access the backend i had to disable the 2FA security (bin/magento module:disable Magento_TwoFactorAuth) after that I have a working M2.4 to test with.

Problems/challenges I have are finding a way to use 2fa for my Local installs, would be nice to get that working.
And finding a proper setup to use ElasticSearch, de devdocs on that subject are clear but it seems the way nginx is implemented in Valet i slightly different than described in the Magento docs.

Hope this post helps someone, and perhaps someone can help me with my challenges

Greetings Craig, thank you for your good work

2 Likes

Hi @Ruud and welcome.

Thank you for sharing the Mac information :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.