Magento 2 Release Schedule (Q1 2023)

Friendly Reminder

1. Magento 2.4.3 reached End of Life (EOL) in November.
  2. PHP 7.4 also reached End of Life (EOL) in November.
  3. You should be on Magento 2.4.4-p2 (latest patch) or Magento 2.4.5-p1 (latest patch) by now.
  4. You should also be on PHP 8.1 by now too

Being behind on versions isn’t just about security, features and optimisation. It also covers your back under Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance.

If you are already up-to-date, then fantastic. The next Magento release is scheduled for March 2023, with 2.4.6, 2.4.4-p3 and 2.4.5-p2.

References:

Hello Craig,

I’m well out of date, 2.4.2 but not on a live server.

Stopped working on our business’s website project back in May 21, due to other more pressing things, and need to get going again soon.

Figuring out where I was up to is going to be tricky.
My notes are too cryptic with abbreviations and such and I can’t remember what they mean. :confused:

In future I’m going to try to make notes as if they’re for someone else.

We’re very much in same boat. As I also took a step back from Magento in the last 18 months. Well, I still used it but no where near as much as I was before. So, I’m also playing a bit of catch up now. Naturally, everything I learn will (that worth learning) will be documented here.

And yes, that’s excellent advise (“make notes as if they’re for someone else”). Good luck!

1 Like

My recommendations ( after years of testing and searching ) :

1. for quick & general text/audio/video note taking on Pc/Mobile is NIMBUS - https://nimbusweb.me/
    with mobile and desktop app and three (!) chrome extensions with excellent web scrapping
  2. for more structured and template based notes like software or product manuals ( that i make for living) i use desktop app https://www.helpndoc.com/ Not cheap, but it has also free version with fully working output ( chm/pdf/docx … but with small note in document footer )

Booth apps have also (basic) free plans.

1 Like

Looking for more details how to upgrade from Magento 2.4.3 but I guess we have to upgrade the server too, isn’t it? The current server from DigitalOcean is about 2vCPUs 4G Memory with SSD 80GB may not be able to support the latest gen PHP 8 and other featured.

2.4.3 to 2.4.5-p1 shouldn’t be too bad. But as you mentioned, I the other stuff might need upgrading. The DigitalOcean server I’m running is 4 vCPUs 8GB / 160GB Disk, with 4GB disk space allocated to Swap File (Because of ElasticSearch). Naturally, is this was a Production Server then I’d have far more cores and memory.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.