MySQL Installation / mySQL native Password Setup - Magento 2.4.4

I am in the process of installing Magento 2.4.4 on my server as per the instructions given on How to install Magento 2.4 and build a web server

The “newer” version of the MySQL password plugin does not allow you to log into phpMyAdmin as the “root” user. Instead of logging you in, it will make you think that you’ve entered your password incorrectly.

To resolve this issue, switch to the “native” MySQL password plugin. This can be done by entering the following command. Just make sure to replace the password with your own: [18:05]

sudo mysql -e “ALTER USER ‘root’@‘localhost’ IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY ‘XHUWKxKyCX8LmEGsHKG@cER’”

I am newer sorry I do not know how to setup / get / find the ‘my password’

Would you kindly let me know how to get my own the ‘my password’?

sudo mysql -e “ALTER USER ‘root’@‘localhost’ IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY ‘my password’”

My Setup

1. Shared or Dedicated Server? AWS EC2 t2.medium VPS

2. Did your setup the server or install Magento yourself? I am trying to setup Magento by myself.

3. What are your server specifications? 4 GB RAM, Ubuntu 20.4, 2 CPU

4. What version of Magento are you using? Trying to install Magento 2.4.4

See an example of this post below

MySQL Installation / Password Setup - Magento 2.4

Any suggestions on how I can possibly fix the issue (get my own the ‘my password’ instead of your )? Kindly suggest.

Thank you

Joe

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.