Product catalog csv file import issue

Hi Craig, thanks for your reply in youtube, I will copy paste my question here for the reference

Hi, First of all thanks for this beautiful series, its very helpful for a new guy like me. But I am getting some error when I am trying to import your file in Magento 2.3 version. it says

1. Column configurable_variations: Attribute with code “color” does not exist or is missing from product attribute set in row(s): 1, 5, 9, 18, 28, 33
    These are the rows where you have defined configurable_variations for example : sku=sports-lightgrey,color=Black/Light Grey|sku=sports-red,color=Black/Red|sku=sports-blue,color=Black/Blue
    Any idea how to resolve this issue in magento 2.3
    I also notice in magento 2.3 there is an extra attribute for import functionality that is Empty attribute value constant , this has value EMPTY__VALUE in it.
    Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi Craig, I would like to mention here that I used the vanila csv file from below link you provided, I did not change anything there.
Could you be more specific how to create colours, as I can see the color having values, only rows which define configurable column doesn’t have color values. these are the rows 1,5,9,18,28,33

Hi @DeepakGairola25, welcome to the community forum.

So, let’s break this down. The error you have received states:

Column configurable_variations: Attribute with code “color” does not exist or is missing from product attribute set in row(s): 1, 5, 9, 18, 28, 33

Below are the values for the configurable_variations column.

1. sku=sports-lightgrey,color=Black/Light Grey|sku=sports-red,color=Black/Red|sku=sports-blue,color=Black/Blue
 5. sku=standout-green,color=Green|sku=standout-purple,color=Purple|sku=standout-black,color=Black
 9. sku=edge-peach,color=Peach|sku=edge-grey,color=Grey|sku=edge-blue,color=Blue|sku=edge-brown,color=Brown|sku=edge-red,color=Red|sku=edge-pink,color=Pink|sku=edge-lightblue,color=Light Blue|sku=edge-black,color=Black
18. sku=casual-skyblue,color=Sky Blue|sku=casual-blue,color=Blue|sku=casual-blackred,color=Black/Red|sku=casual-blackblue,color=Black/Blue|sku=casual-brown,color=Brown|sku=casual-darkblue,color=Dark Blue|sku=casual-lightblue,color=Light Blue|sku=casual-pink,color=Pink|sku=casual-white,color=White
28. sku=leapord-grey,color=White/Grey|sku=leapord-purple,color=White/Purple|sku=leapord-brown,color=White/Brown|sku=leapord-blue,color=White/Blue
33. sku=curve-skyblue,color=Sky Blue|sku=curve-pinkpattern,color=Pink|sku=curve-blue,color=Blue|sku=curve-blackred,color=Black|sku=curve-gold,color=Gold|sku=curve-brownpattern,color=Brown|sku=curve-whitepattern,color=White|sku=curve-white,color=White|sku=curve-blackgrey,color=Black

So from this, we can ascertain that not all of the following colours under the color attribute in the Magento backend were created before attempting to upload the csv file:

Attribute: color
Green Brown White Black/Red
Purple Red Gold Black/Blue
Black Pink Orange White/Grey
Peach Light Blue Light Grey White/Purple
Grey Sky Blue Yellow White/Brown
Blue Dark Blue Black/Light Grey White/Blue

So, you need to verify that these colours exist in the backend of Magento under:

Stores > Attributes > Product > Attribute Code = color

color_attribute

This all stems from the fact that you can’t upload data to Swatch or Dropdown Attribute Input Types if the data doesn’t exist to begin with - Because it can’t match it up. This is what I was doing during Episode 08 of the Let’s Build playlist.

With reference to your other question:

I also notice in magento 2.3 there is an extra attribute for import functionality that is Empty attribute value constant , this has value EMPTY__VALUE in it

You can ignore this, it appears to be a standard default value introduced into 2.3.

1 Like

Thanks Craig for your detail reply, now when I see back I found out that somehow I missed the episode 8, my fault, I am going through it now. This is my second day and right now I am in episode 11, soon I will finish your series and have my online store up and running, Thanks to you :slight_smile:
The best thing I like about your videos is that you explain the best practices to use while building an online store and you explain it very beautifully.
Respect.

2 Likes