Products do not appear after bulk import

Hi,

I tried to import products through a CSV file. I used the sample file available with magento and changed name, images, size, brand etc., to suit my products. I have not changed the values of other variables. However after import, I do not see the products on the front end. I had defined a new attribute (filterable), new categories, All that are appearing fine.

I have reindexed, cleared cache. Products are appearing in the backend. Products are attached to the categories, status is enabled, qty is set 100, website is also rightly attached as seen in the admin end.

I am using Magento ver 2.3.1 & only thing that looks suspicious is salable qty is set to Default Stock: 0
As per the suggestion of

I tried adding the view inventory_stock_1, but this view was already there. However, I noticed that there were no entries of newly imported products found in this table.

Can I get some help with this? Looks like I am missing some files/scripts that make changes to this table.

Regards,
Sujatha

Good find. The article you linked seems unnecessary. I would suggest checking 2 things as it’s an issue I also faced in the past:

1: Verify Stock Theory

Check if your products are displayed on the frontend after changing the following settings:

Stores > Configuration > Catalog > Inventory > Stock Options > Display Out of Stock Products = Yes

Then clear your cache. If the products are displayed correctly on the frontend, then this indeed confirms your theory of Stock Levels being the culprit.

2: Reindex Inventory

In Magento 2.3, MSI was introduced that adds the Default Stock attribute. There’s a strong chance that your Indexers just need refreshing. From the Command Line Interface you can run either of the following commands, which will recalculate your Default Stock values.

This Reindexers just the Inventory Indexer

bin/magento indexer:reindex cataloginventory_stock

This Reindexes all Indexes

bin/magento indexer:reindex