Products list in line

Hello. There are more than 10,000 products in the catalog (electronics). How in some categories to make a conclusion list in line? Only "SKU, Manufacturer, Description, Stock (availability).

Hi @AndreySm, I’m not completely sure I understand what you’re asking.

It seems like you’re asking how to order the products within a category based on other product attributes? If this is what you’re asking, then there are 2 parts to this:

Part 1
You must first set your Product Attributes so that they can be sorted within the Categories. To do this:

1. In the backend, go to Stores > Attributes > Product
  2. Select your attribute (e.g. color)
  3. After the attribute page loads, select Storefront Properties on the left
  4. At the bottom of the page you’ll need to select Used for Sorting in Product Listing = Yes
  5. Save the attribute

Note: I think some attribute types can’t be changed from No to Yes. I’m not sure which.

atttri01

Part 2
Now that you’ve set the Product Attribute, you can now add that attribute to your category sorting list. To do this:

1. In the backend, go to Catalog > Categories
  2. Select the category you want to edit
  3. Select Display Settings within the category settings
  4. This is where you can set Available Product Listing Sort By and Default Product Listing Sort By to include the attribute
  5. Save the category
  6. You may need to clear the cache before your changes show

Final Result

I hope this is what you were after.

This is an example.

So, it appears what you’re saying is that you want your products within the categories to display as a list like the image above. Rather than the default design.

That would be quite time consuming, requiring skills in HTML, CSS and PHP. You would probably need to build your own module for this because you can’t simply change some settings to make it appear this way.

The scale of the information you need to build this isn’t something I can cover here. You’d be best to hire a developer to do this job. A competent developer might charge you roughly $150-300 for this project.

Thanks, but I did it myself - edit the file list.phtml

1 Like