I am still trying figure out how to uploads products into magento 2 and I got few problems before that,
- Can I add discounted price when I upload the CSV?
2.Can I upload my categories with the CSV?
3.Can I upload my delivery chargers with the CSV?
- Can I import images from different URL or do I have to upload images before ?
This is my CSV if my questions are not clear…
Thanks in advance
Just quickly checking in before I go out for the day.
- Use the “Special” columns in the csv. Look for Special From, Special To and Special Price. I can’t remember the exact attributes from the top of my head.
- I think that when you add a category in a Product Import CSV it creates a Category (just with the basic information though). I haven’t tested this properly, but it was something I noticed once.
- Delivery Charges will depend on what Module you use to control this. If you’re referring to the Table Rates, then yes. You need to go to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Methods > Table Rates. The trick is at this point it to change your Store View (upper-left) from Default Config to Main Website. This will then display an Import button for the site. I stumbled across this website once, which may or may not help you to format a csv.
- I’ve never imported an image from an external source, but in theory it should work fine so long as it can access it.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for your help. I still trying to figure this thing out
Please refer to the attached screenshot and the article.
Should you require a hand please let me know. I’m happy to look at it.
From what I remember you can use interchangeably category IDs and names.
This could also be useful for quick importing image names to your csv.
Hope it helps.
Thanks for your reply I figure it out with uploading images.
but now I am stuck with delivery chargers. I do have different prices for different products and different price for different states and also I do free delivery on most of the items.
How do we make this happen?
Thanks for you support !!!
Hmmm. As Craig mentioned in his message it depands what shipping module/method you use.
Please let me know what shipping method you use so I can do a small research
Personally, I use £159 shipping table rates module from Amnasty.
There are many modules like this available online. I can manage my shipping based on country, state, value of the order, weight, quantity, product type.
Please ref to the attached screenshot.
If you need a hand with this let me know. I’m happy to replicate my setting and send you my CSVs or example CSVs so you could use them.
Thanks for your reply. In above CSV we can use country and State, how do I add SKU.
For an example SKU:XYZ to Australia Victoria state will cost $100 .
With this module, you don’t have to associate SKU with a courtier.
You see it depends on what criteria you are going to use to calculate your shipping cost.
If price all your products have prices, if the weight you need to make sure that your products have the correct weight, if shipping type you need to create a shipping type attribute and here you need to associate it with SKU via csv update or update attributes options (Catalog/products/Actions)
Please refer to the attached screenshot.
Row 2nd - Australia/Queensland $125 for orders 0.01>500
Row 3rd - Australia/Tasmania $150 for orders 0.01>500
Row 4th - Australia/Victoria $100 for orders 0.01>500
Orders <500 are free of charge to all 3 states.
You can add more criteria Using Qty, weight, shipping type (shipping type is quite good cos i.e some of your items might be fragile and some not.
I hope it makes sense. Let me know if you need more help with it.
Thanks for your reply.
In my case I can’t use weight or price range to identify the products but SKU can do that.
This is how my cost looks like in my CSV file. I can not understand how do I do that with this small details as it does not include weight and price is not an option.
12 is the only product charge for delivery and other things are coming with free delivery.
What delivery module/method you use to control your delivery charges?