Hey, I am installing magento 2.3 , php 7.2 i get
Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.
- Installation request for hhvm 3.21.0 -> satisfiable by hhvm[3.21.0].
- friendsofphp/php-cs-fixer v2.13.3 conflicts with hhvm[3.21.0].
- Installation request for friendsofphp/php-cs-fixer v2.13.3 -> satisfiable by friendsofphp/php-cs-fixer[v2.13.3].
Have tried the above suggested solution but no success, help
Hello @Stephen_Oduor and welcome.
- Did you make sure to pre-install PHP 7.2 and the required PHP extensions before attempting to install Magento?
- What command are you running when you see this?
Thanks @digitalstartup, php 7.2 in my default, I installed php7.2 using
sudo apt install php7.2 libapache2-mod-php7.2 php7.2-common php7.2-gmp php7.2-curl php7.2-soap php7.2-bcmath php7.2-intl php7.2-mbstring php7.2-xmlrpc php7.2-mcrypt php7.2-mysql php7.2-gd php7.2-xml php7.2-cli php7.2-zip
composer install to install magento 2.3 I downloaded from * https://github.com/magento/magento2/releases
Ok, so it seems like you’ve chosen the GitHub method.
The message you’re receiving seems to indicate that HHVM is in conflict with PHP 7.2. This would mean that your environment is not “fit-for-purpose”. Not only that, but as of Magento 2.2 it no longer supports HipHop Virtual Machine (HHVM) (Ref).
You need to explore “how to remove any trace of HHVM from your Web Server so it no longer conflicts with PHP 7.2”. That’s a little outside our expertise. Therefore, you’d be best off asking the folks over at https://unix.stackexchange.com
You need to uninstall hhvm. I was struglying with this very thing for some hours now.
I was doing this on github actions on Ubuntu 18.04 and for some reason hhvm came installed.
sudo apt remove hhvm
fixed the problem
Thanks @dareenzo.This took me days but your solution sorted it out