Ultimo Magento 2.3.2

Hi Everyone,

I have a question I installed Ultimo on a fresh instance of Magento 2.3.2 and the problem is that the ‘add to compare button’ and ‘add to wishlist’ wont work on some products. If you click it it wil say ‘select all’ but it does not do anything. Everything does work on the categorypage?

Does someone now how I can resolve this issue?

Kind Regards

If the issue does not occur when you switch back to the default Luma Theme, then it’s likely a bug with the Ultimo theme. If this is the case, then you should reach out to Infortis as they may already be aware of this have a solution:

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your reply. I think it is that Ultimo is not yet updated for Magento 2.3.2. and my support has ended.
So I was thinking to wait for the update and go on with my project.

I am making a child theme at the moment and I’m not sure what to put in the composer.json for example if I’m using app/design/frontend/Mountain/pixel as folder structure do I need to put -child in the composer.json?

Kind Regards

Ok, makes sense.

This GitHub Repo (Luma-Child-Theme-Starter-Files) I uploaded for the Luma Child theme should help you “reverse-engineer” what you need to know.

Hi Craig,

I also saw your files ‘Ultimo Child’ and used that to create child theme.
Do I need to include the i18n folder and is the below file the correct way for the composer.json for my instance or do i need to put ‘-child’ after pixels?

{
    "name": "mountain/theme-frontend-pixel",
    "description": "N/A",
    "require": {
        "php": "~5.5.0|~5.6.0|~7.0.0",
        "magento/theme-frontend-ultimo": "100.0.*",
        "magento/framework": "100.0.*"
    },
    "type": "magento2-theme",
    "version": "100.0.2",
    "license": [
        "OSL-3.0",
        "AFL-3.0"
    ],
    "autoload": {
        "files": [
            "registration.php"
        ]
    }
}

I remembered I had 2 other blank Child Themes on my drive, so I just added them to GitHub. I’m pretty sure they work but I created them nearly a year ago.

Your composer looks good, but I haven’t created a Child Theme in a very long time so you should cross-reference it with the Magento Documentation though. You don’t have to add “-child”. But it’s good practice sticking with descriptive names.

Ok thanks.

I will take a look. The thing i’m not sure on is if it must be

"name": "mountain/theme-frontend-pixel",

or

"name": "mountain/theme-frontend-pixel-child",

• Or is it an option to leave the composer.json file?
  • Do I need to include the i18n folder?

My apologies for the many questions.

1. I think either name would work
  2. I think the composer.json is recommended
  3. You don’t need an i18n folder

Ok thanks,

If it’s not the right name would it give issues?

You’ll have to test that out and let me know.

Ok will do, thanks so much for your help!

Hi Craig,

I Installed Ultimo through CLI and before that I checked in Finder if al files where there. I uploaded the Theme.zip file and I saw that after uzinpping the file there were some .DS Store files on my server.

Can I safely remove these files.

Kind Regards.