Updating a module after upgraded magento to M2.3.1

Hi Craig,

I wonder if you could help me.
I have just successfully upgraded M to the newest v. 2.3.1.
Now I am trying to update 2 outdated amnasty modules via ssh, however, the following message is shown. Please refer to the attached screenshot.

Prior to the M upgrade, I was able to update amnasty modules with no problems.

Could you please give me a tip on how to fix it?
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Pawel

Hey @PawelP,

You recent upgrade of Magento may have overridden your .htaccess file in your Magento root directory.

This means the change you made to your PHP 7 memory_limit will have reverted back to 756MB. Change that back to 2G and you should be good to go?!?!

Example of .htaccess entry

<IfModule mod_php7.c>
############################################
## adjust memory limit

php_value memory_limit 2G
    php_value max_execution_time 18000

############################################

Hi Craig,

You were correct. During the upgrade my php memory limits were reverted back to 756MB

I corrected it incising to 2G, however, when I try to update my amnasty modules via console using composer update command for all modules or composer update amasty/xyz command for a specific module the flowing error is shown :

" Package phpunit/phpunit-mock-object is abandoned, you should avoid using it. No replacement was suggested."

This is something new. In the past I was able to update modules using this commands.
Can you help?
Maybe during magento upgrade something else was changed so I can’t use the command any more?

Pawel

Cool. You shouldn’t read to much into

Package phpunit/phpunit-mock-object is abandoned, you should avoid using it. No replacement was suggested

It just means that a package required to upgrade/install a module hasn’t been developed in a while. It’s more of a notification for the developer as opposed to the end user. You should still be able to go through with your upgrade.

Unless of course I’m chatting rubbish and you still can’t apply your Amasty upgrade. If so, please provide the output.

Hi,

There are definitely newer versions of 2 modules but for some reasons, I can’t update them
amn

I asked amnasty for help. I’ll see what they come back with.

Once again thank you for your time.

Regards,
Pawel

1 Like

Okay… So… This can happen depending on how you ran the composer command when you originally installed it the extension - As you can “lock in” version that you want to install. You may need to specify what version you want to upgrade to when running your composer command.

According to the Amasty Documentation under “Extension Update via Composer” you need to specify a version number. Here’s an extract:

Where x corresponds to the first version number. For example, to update the Improved Layered Navigation Extension for M2 from the 1.x.x version to the 2.x.x version you need to execute the command:

composer require amasty/shopby ^2.0.0 --update-with-dependencies

So, I guess you might need to run:

composer require amasty/module-seo-toolkit ^1.14.1 --update-with-dependencies

(1.14.1 is their latest version according to their website)

Have a read through that document first.

Hi,

Great. Thank you very much.
Modules updated :slight_smile:

Regards,
Pawel

1 Like

Hi Craig,

I wonder if you could help me.
After I upgraded M to 2.3.1 (no issues at all during the upgrade) Im experiencing some issued with installing, removing, updating modules. The site crashes.

If I execute command composer update to update my packages. I can see that they are being updated but then the site crashes. (I execute the command using magento user).

Could you please give me a tip what should and were look for to identify the problem?

Thank you.
Pawel

Screenshot looks great to me :+1:

• What do you mean by “crash”
  • How do you get it working again?

Hi,
Thank you for your prompt reply.

You see after executing the command I can’t access my admin panel.

Please advise if you can.

Pawel

You should find the answer to your question by either:

• Reloading the page in Developer Mode to see the actual error in the browser
  • Or grab a copy of the relevant logs (either var/log/system.log or var/log/exception.log)

Feel free to post the error here

:open_mouth:
The file contains a lot of records:
Is there a way I could upload here the file rather than a screenshot of the file?

No need to upload the whole file. Just refresh the error page and then open the logs. They’re timestamped with the latest entries at the bottom of the file.

How to jump to the bottom of a log file

If you use the nano text editor then you can jump to the bottom of the file by following these 2 simple steps:

1. The first is to press Ctrl + _ (underscore). This will ask for a line number
  2. Then press Ctrl + V. This will move the cursor directly to the bottom of the file.

If you use the vi text editor the simply:

• Press Ctrl + G

Hi,

Thank you for the tips.
It is strange because my latest time stamp is showing 2019-03-02

Please find the error message below.

[2019-03-01 15:00:03] main.CRITICAL: Unable to send mail: Unknown error {“exception”:"[object] (Magento\Framework\Exception\MailException(code: 0): Unable to send mail: Unknown error at /var/www/html/vendor/magento/module-email/Model/Transport.php:87, Zend\Mail\Transport\Exception\RuntimeException(code: 0): Unable to send mail: Unknown error at /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-mail/src/Transport/Sendmail.php:305)"} []
[2019-03-01 17:00:03] main.CRITICAL: Table cataloginventory_stock_cl does not exist {“exception”:"[object] (Magento\Framework\Mview\View\ChangelogTableNotExistsException(code: 0): Table cataloginventory_stock_cl does not exist at /var/www/html/vendor/magento/framework/Mview/View/Changelog.php:121)"} []
[2019-03-02 05:00:03] main.CRITICAL: Table cataloginventory_stock_cl does not exist {“exception”:"[object] (Magento\Framework\Mview\View\ChangelogTableNotExistsException(code: 0): Table cataloginventory_stock_cl does not exist at /var/www/html/vendor/magento/framework/Mview/View/Changelog.php:121)"} []

This entry appears unrelated due to the timestamp. What does the other log file say?

I changed the site to the developer mode.

Please see the error:

1 exception(s):
Exception #0 (Magento\Framework\Exception\LocalizedException): Please upgrade your database: Run "bin/magento setup:upgrade" from the Magento root directory.
The following modules are outdated:
Amasty_Base schema: current version - 1.5.0, required version - 1.6.3
Amasty_Base data: current version - 1.5.0, required version - 1.6.3

I assume you ran bin/magento setup:upgrade to upgrade the database?

I run composer update command to update all packages. I’m not sure it is necessary but if I try to update a module “composer require amasty/module-seo-toolkit ^1.14.1 --update-with-dependencies” or remove using this command “composer remove amasty/module-seo-toolkit” the site crashes.

Is that version of the Amasty module compatible with Magento 2.3.1? It’s starting to seem Amasty related.

Yes,

But you see now I can’t uninstall it.