Magento 2.3.5 errors

Hi,
I am running Magneto 2.3.5 on a 3GB droplet, installed according to the first set of tutorials on Ubuntu 18.04. I make backups regularly, but somehow I broke the site and didn’t realize how bad it was for quite some time. It’s still a test site, so nothing major. Still I would like to figure out how to fix it. I think it may be extension related.

In a nutshell, when I try to make small normal changes to the site, they are not saved. No errors (that I can see). The changes simply don’t take. I tried removing extensions, that results in errors and ends up breaking the site completely. The latest error is this:

An error occurred while executing job "setup:cache:enable ["config layout block_html collections reflection db_ddl compiled_config eav customer_notification config_integration config_integration_api google_product full_page config_webservice translate vertex"]":
Could not complete setup:cache:enable ["config layout block_html collections reflection db_ddl compiled_config eav customer_notification config_integration config_integration_api google_product full_page config_webservice translate vertex"] successfully:
Warning: is_file() expects parameter 1 to be a valid path, string given in {magento_root}/vendor/colinmollenhour/cache-backend-file/File.php on line 543

I’m not sure how to resolve this error. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

• Where exactly are you seeing this message? Web Setup Wizard?
  • Putting Magento in Developer Mode may display errors in Browser that you would normally see in Default or Production Mode
  • The Browser Console may also give you a hint to the problem at hand
  • This post (Web Setup Wizard stuck after failed rollback) includes a similar error message. Perhaps it will point you in the right direction

Sorry, I will try to fill in the gaps. I ran the Web Setup Wizard in an attempt to remove the extension. I believe it is already in developer mode. The error I pasted is part of what the console displayed.
This is more of it :

An error occurred while executing job "setup:cache:enable ["config layout block_html collections reflection db_ddl compiled_config eav customer_notification config_integration config_integration_api google_product full_page config_webservice translate vertex"]": Could not complete setup:cache:enable ["config layout block_html collections reflection db_ddl compiled_config eav customer_notification config_integration config_integration_api google_product full_page config_webservice translate vertex"] successfully: Warning: is_file() expects parameter 1 to be a valid path, string given in {magento_root}/vendor/colinmollenhour/cache-backend-file/File.php on line 543
[2020-09-29 12:36:04 UTC] Job "setup:static:regenerate []" has started

[2020-09-29 12:36:04 UTC] Cleaning generated files...
[2020-09-29 12:36:07 UTC] Clearing cache...
[2020-09-29 12:36:07 UTC] An error occurred while executing job "setup:static:regenerate []": Could not complete setup:static:regenerate [] successfully: Warning: is_file() expects parameter 1 to be a valid path, string given in {magento_root}/vendor/colinmollenhour/cache-backend-file/File.php on line 543
[2020-09-29 08:37:02 EDT] There was an error in previous Update attempt.

Thanks.
Mike

Hi,

I’m feeling really stuck. I have been trying to follow best practices throughout. I’ve made multiple backups of the database along the way. I’ve taken multiple snapshots along the way. Despite this, I find myself in a loop and I don’t understand how to dig my way out. At some point, a month ago, something went off the rails. Only I didn’t notice at the time. I’ve added quite a bit of data since then. The problem, I think, is that one of the 5 or so extensions I installed is preventing me from making changes to the site (for example, disabling an extension or renaming a page). It could be something else, not sure. In any case, I don’t believe I can restore a current copy of my database to a working copy of the site that is pre-extension. I cannot disable the extensions on the current version of the site. So either I restore to a point before it went off the rails, and lose all of the data since then, or the site simply will never work.

I’m willing to put in whatever work I need to do to fix this, I just don’t know where to begin.

Yeah, so it definitely appears to mirror what was going on in that article that I linked. Have you attempted to repeat the steps in the post to try and resolve your issue?

1 Like

I reloaded the snapshot to try and repeat the above error, and repeat the steps you suggested. However, before doing so I saw that the indices were out of date. I think the extension was at fault. I was able to get these updated, and this time the extension removed successfully and without error. In short, my site is back and I’m very happy (and hopefully I have learned something too).

Thanks very much for your patience. You really rock, Craig. I really appreciate you.

I now have a tonne of work to do, but I feel so much better.
Thanks again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.