Magento won't save admin settings

Hi,

Im running Magento 2.3.4 have been busy sorting products / categories for a while now, so I felt like a change and thought i would sort some of the front end out. I tried to make a change with my theme and it didn’t save. Gives me the usual message of cleaning the cache etc but it doesnt actually change anything, stuff it I thought im going back to Luma, so I go to change my theme in Design Config, change the theme back to Luma hit save, gives me the message of cleaning cache but nothing changes. My products and categories are still saving changes just nothing settings-wise. I’ve looked at google, can find people with products not saving - saving goes on loop etc but not like mine.

Any ideas? Thanks

So, I’ve been stuck somewhere like this before. I changed some settings, but they didn’t show in Magento. However, when I checked my Database it was showing my changes. Clearing the cache then fixed this.

Therefore, the first thing you need to establish is: “Are your settings/changes showing in your Database”?

If they are, then it’s definitely a Cache issue. So, you’d want to try the following:

• Standard Cache Clearing Methods via Frontend or Backend
  • Cache Clearing or Redis/Cache (if this is applicable)
  • Finally, a complete removal of cached files and regeneration of static content (see below)

When you need to completely nuke your cache and rebuild everything, I run the following within the Magento Root Directory as the “Magento” user:

rm -rf var/cache/* var/page_cache/* generated/code/* pud/static/frontend
bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy en_US en_GB -f
bin/magento cache:clean
bin/magento cache:flush

(Replace en_US en_GB with locales applicable to your own store)

1 Like

Thats brilliant, thank you Craig. I followed your steps and its all back to normal

I’ve no idea what causes the cache to not clear/flush correctly though :man_shrugging:

Its odd, I thought it was something to do with the 2.3.4 update because I hadn’t tried to change any settings since because of being busy with the prods and cats. But its probably nothing to do with that lol